Extended Health Care (EHC)
Extended Health Care (EHC) insurance is an important part of any employee benefits package and typically the most used. This core component can be customized with deductibles, co-pays, and other flexible options to create the employee benefits solution that is right for your group.
Our Extended Health Care Includes:
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Eye exam coverage (plus optional vision care coverage for your employees’ contact lenses, glasses or laser eye surgery)
- Coverage for aramedical practitioners such as acupuncturists, physiotherapists, psychologists, speech therapists, massage therapists, chiropractors, naturopaths, dieticians and podiatrists
- Out-of-Country/Province Travel Assistance
- Medical Travel Benefit (MTB)
- Semi-Private or Private Hospital Accommodation
- 24-Month Survivor benefit provision allowing dependent family members of a deceased employee to continue health insurance coverage.
- Private duty nursing
- Hearing aid coverage
Coverage terminates at the age of 85 or earlier retirement.